Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I dont like being single!!

Okay, so I don't like to be single. It's not been my preferred status at any time. In high school we used to discuss who would get married first and who would be last. I voted to not be last. But, in life, we all face challenges. Some are severe and test every part of our being.We don't always know why we experience the challenges that we do but, we do know that we learn things from the trials that perhaps we could not have learned in any other way. I know that the Lord knows my deepest longings. I know that He knows of my heartache and grief and pain and ..... work and efforts. I know that He is aware of my needs and those of my child. I know that He allows us life experiences for our own learning and growth -- even when they are painful or uncomfortable. If we were to take away all pain and suffering we would also eliminate growth and stretching and strengthening. My Mr. Wonderful will love me as I will love him. If the longings of my heart were enough -- that would have already happened. But, the Lord has a greater plan and my quest is to be faithful and true in all things so that I may be worthy of future blessings. It is not always easy and often times very lonely. But, those emotions are carving out a greater space in my heart to love and be loved. When I remember that I am at peace and know that 'all things work together for the good of those who love the Lord'.

No comments:

Post a Comment